2002 Roadtrek 190 Versatile - 11/3/23 - Anti Fatigue Foam Mat

A listing of thoughts, ideas, repairs, projects, and experiences.
kurtfranz
Site Admin

2002 Roadtrek 190 Versatile - 11/3/23 - Anti Fatigue Foam Mat

Post by kurtfranz »

Decided that I wanted something to put on the floor of the van to make it a bit more soft to walk on and to protect it from pedestrian abuse. I had a rug in place but that kept moving around and was a pain to sweep and keep clean. One day while at Harbor Freight I came across this item:

Foam_Mat_1.jpg
Foam_Mat_1.jpg (75.97 KiB) Viewed 12160 times

This product consists of 4 interlocking squares of 1/2' thick semi rigid foam to be used to prevent fatigue from extended periods of standing up. I purchased one set and brought it with my significant other on a 2 night camping trip we took to Punderson State Park in the great state of Ohio. Since I knew I would have some idle time and be looking for some type of project to do it seemed like a wise idea!

I installed the mats on the floor. It took a bit of trimming, but the results were quite good:

Foam_Mat_2.jpg
Foam_Mat_2.jpg (70.47 KiB) Viewed 12160 times

The only hitch in the process was the area in front of the passenger seat. The foam was too "tall" and the drawer would not open and all of my expert trimming and cosmetic work in that area went for naught when I tried opening the drawer. So, what I decided on was to keep the piece there but to
"'unlatch" it so to speak from the main area so that it could be moved when the drawer needed to be opened. If you decide to use my idea you will see what I mean. Here is the area in question:

Foam_Mat_3.jpg
Foam_Mat_3.jpg (69.98 KiB) Viewed 12160 times

All in all, a very good investment.