2002 Roadtrek 190 Versatile - 6/7/22 - Lift Points and Brake Clean Up

A listing of thoughts, ideas, repairs, projects, and experiences.
kurtfranz
Site Admin

2002 Roadtrek 190 Versatile - 6/7/22 - Lift Points and Brake Clean Up

Post by kurtfranz »

Needed to remove the front tires to check the brakes and checked the owners manual as to the location of the lift points. Unfortunately, the front lift points as identified in the Owners Manual are obfuscated by the storage bin on the driver side and the running board on the passenger side. After research and posting the question and getting help from "Booster" on the ClassB Forum, it was determined that an official lift point on the 2002 Express 3500 van is under the lower control arm slightly below the spring. This would be location "1" in the below diagram from the factory service manual.

1999 Chevy Express 3500 lift points .JPG
1999 Chevy Express 3500 lift points .JPG (88.72 KiB) Viewed 15482 times

I have 6 ton bottle jack and it just fits under there and worked perfectly. It did. not take many strokes of the lever to get the tire off of the ground. Very simple.

BottleJack.JPG
BottleJack.JPG (582.65 KiB) Viewed 15469 times

The brakes looked good as did the other components. Minor surface rust was brushed off and fluid film was applied by brush to the caliper and other brake and suspension components a applicable. Silicone was applied to the rubber components.

PassengerFrontBrake_1.JPG
PassengerFrontBrake_1.JPG (700.25 KiB) Viewed 15468 times
PassengerFrontBrake_2.JPG
PassengerFrontBrake_2.JPG (762.26 KiB) Viewed 15468 times

This may seem like overkill, but I have been doing this for years and my stuff holds up well. Living in the rust belt will do this to you.

Need to purchase a grease gun and lube the 15 or so zerk fittings under there.