2002 Roadtrek 190 Versatile - 5/21/22 - Clean and Restore Fiberglas Top

A listing of thoughts, ideas, repairs, projects, and experiences.
kurtfranz
Site Admin

2002 Roadtrek 190 Versatile - 5/21/22 - Clean and Restore Fiberglas Top

Post by kurtfranz »

Got up early today in order to use the Meguiar's M6732 Marine/RV One Step Compound to begin the process of cleaning and restoring the fiberglass roof. The roof is is very good shape as there is no cracking or chipped areas or sunfade. It is just chalky and needs to be rubbed out and waxed. Process-wise this is not a difficult job and rewarding because the finished result is something that is nice looking. However, the height of the roof on a Roadtrek is about 7.5 feet at the low point and I had to use a ladder to reach over to get the middle areas which was a bit difficult. When doing this job you need to be very careful to keep your balance on the ladder. Also, the fact that you only do about a 1.5 square foot area at a time makes it very time consuming. It was 90 degrees and humid today, but no sun, which made it a good day in spite of the heat. You have to live in Florida to appreciate what I am saying. After completing the rub out of the entire top, I then applied a coat of NuFinish the "Once A Year Car Polish" which really shined it up. This should be good until next year when it will need to be done again. At least that is what the folks at NuFinish tell me.

The entire process took about 4 hours and I am glad that I got it done.