2002 Roadtrek 190 Versatile - 5/18/22 - Door Touch Up

A listing of thoughts, ideas, repairs, projects, and experiences.
kurtfranz
Site Admin

2002 Roadtrek 190 Versatile - 5/18/22 - Door Touch Up

Post by kurtfranz »

My 2 cans of touch up paint for the copper/bronze areas of the van arrived today.

Knowing full well that this paint is not near a perfect match, I sprayed into the cap and used a brush to touch up the doors where they are dinged up due to the removal of the ground effects items.

Here is the passenger side front door. This looks like crap but is much better than before and there is now some protection. The gray line above the touchup work is silicone sealant that was used to help hold the ground effects in place and needs to be removed.

PassFrontSide.JPG
PassFrontSide.JPG (581.11 KiB) Viewed 4121 times

Passenger side rear door - this is not great but acceptable all things considered. The difference between this door and the one above is that on the above door the entire bottom was sanded down and roughed for about an inch from the bottom of the door up. That was all brushed on. I thought about spraying it but that may have looked worse. Also if you look closely you can see the little hole where the previous effort at securing the ground effects involved the use of a self tapping sheet metal screw. That needs to be sealed up.

PassRearSidex.JPG
PassRearSidex.JPG (619.91 KiB) Viewed 4121 times

Eventually a professional repaint is necessary to do justice here. This will do for now.