2002 Roadtrek 190 Versatile - 5/5/2022 - Peeling Paint

A listing of thoughts, ideas, repairs, projects, and experiences.
kurtfranz
Site Admin

2002 Roadtrek 190 Versatile - 5/5/2022 - Peeling Paint

Post by kurtfranz »

The van has some spots where the paint is peeled and or is peeling. This was a common occurrence on these vans – I think it was only the white ones – from the early to mid 2000’s. I accepted this and negotiated my deal with the seller mostly based on this fact. I still paid a bit more than I would have liked to, but these are high priced times and that’s that.
Peeling Paint on Rear Door

Rear Peeling paint.jpg
Rear Peeling paint.jpg (57.26 KiB) Viewed 3662 times

My main concern was protecting what good paint still existed. I purchased some white vinyl wrap and covered all of the peeling areas. This will suffice to protect it until I get a permanent fix in place – a new paint job. It actually does not look too bad from about 20 feet out

The generator works correctly. I will be changing the oil in the next few days and then firing it up and will let it run for a solid 2 hours straight with the AC running. This must be done every month no questions asked – and if this is not possible, then fuel additive such as Stabil must be added and ran thru the system as well as fogging oil sprayed inside. The carbs on any generator will gum up if not used regularly. Also I keep a small notebook in the van in which I log the date and time I last ran the generator and the hour reading when the oil was last changed. I am fortunate that our van fits under our carport and I am able to tend to it anytime I please. Many folks I know have to rent off site space to store their rigs.