Spent some time working on the passenger rear CR Laurence window that is glued shut. I used a razor knife - an old Stanley with the retractable blade - and began the process of trying to "unglue" the window. This is kind of worrisome because I cannot really tell if the top hinge is still intact or not. If it is not then I will have a bigger project on my hands because from what I understand it is not available as CR Laurence will not sell it.
Whoever glued this window sure did a good job and used a generous amount of urethane sealer. I am able to get the knife blade between the glass and the sealer but it is very slow going. I have broken 4 blades already. Regardless, there is no option here except to get it unglued and see what the bottom line is because there is no way I am not having window ventilation back there.
I will say that this is one of the more frustrating projects I have attempted in a while. I will post some pictures once I have made some progress and have something to present that is worthwhile.
A listing of thoughts, ideas, repairs, projects, and experiences.
1 post • Page 1 of 1