2002 Roadtrek 190 Versatile - 5/17/22 - Oil Change and Undercarriage Thoughts

A listing of thoughts, ideas, repairs, projects, and experiences.
kurtfranz
Site Admin

2002 Roadtrek 190 Versatile - 5/17/22 - Oil Change and Undercarriage Thoughts

Post by kurtfranz »

Oil and Filter change today. Mobil 1 Synthetic 5W-30 and Mobil 1 Filter. Pretty simple ordeal, only concern was the drain plug which had a bit of “strippage” in some of the threads. Also there was some red gasket sealer present. However, no leakage after a test drive. Hopefully things are OK.

The undercarriage is pretty loaded with surface rust – nothing bad but it is pretty brown under there. Usually this would be unacceptable to me, however in this case with these Roadtrek campers being tough to find and in this case just being surface rust and a southern vehicle, I accepted it for what it is. One of my projects will be to clean it up as well as I can and give it all a good coat of Fluid Film – which should provide good protection and stop any more rust from developing. The important aspect to all of this is that all of the brackets under there are solid, as they hold the water tanks , storage bins, generator, and running boards in place. I plan on really cleaning those up and painting them before the Fluid Film application.

I sure wish I had access to a lift or a grease pit!